Friday, 29 Aug 2025
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Cookies Policy
  • Contact Us
Subscribe
Newsgrasp
  • Home
  • Today’s News
  • World
  • US
  • Nigeria News
  • Politics
  • 🔥
  • Today's News
  • US
  • World
  • Nigeria News
  • Politics
  • Donald Trump
  • Israel
  • President Donald Trump
  • White House
  • President Trump
Font ResizerAa
NewsgraspNewsgrasp
Search
  • Home
  • Today’s News
  • World
  • US
  • Nigeria News
  • Politics
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
2025 © Newsgrasp. All Rights Reserved.
Yahoo news home
PoliticsToday's News

White House threatens sex education funds unless states nix references to transgender people in curriculums

Oliver Milman
Last updated: August 27, 2025 2:21 pm
Oliver Milman
Share
SHARE

The Trump administration has told US states and territories they will lose federal funding for their sex education programs if they do not remove references to transgender people.

In letters sent to 46 states, territories and Washington DC on Tuesday, the Administration for Children and Families (ACF) demanded they “remove all references to gender ideology” within 60 days or risk losing funding from the Personal Responsibility Education Program, or Prep.

The Prep initiative was created in 2010 to help prevent teen pregnancies and sexually transmitted infections.

“Accountability is coming,” said Andrew Gradison, acting assistant secretary of ACF, which is part of the Department of Health and Human Services.

“Federal funds will not be used to poison the minds of the next generation or advance dangerous ideological agendas. The Trump administration will ensure that Prep reflects the intent of Congress, not the priorities of the left.”

Last week, the Trump administration terminated a grant worth millions of dollars to California after the state refused to remove references to gender identity, transgender people and non-binary people from its sex education curriculum.

This threat has now been extended to a further 40 states, as well as territories and Washington DC. In the letters sent to the jurisdictions, the Trump administration cites examples of each curriculum that it claims are outside the scope of Prep, such as mentions of transgender people, gender expression and diversity.

The amount of federal funding at stake depends on each state. New York, for example, could lose the most, at $6m, while Delaware’s grant is the smallest of the states, at $333,000.

The administration’s demand to states is just the latest move by Trump to remove federal recognition of trans people and defund any program that mentions them.

The president has already issued executive orders declaring there are only two unchangeable sexes, banning trans girls from female sports teams, stopping trans people from joining the military and blocking federal funding to hospitals that provide transition support for young people.

Critics of Trump said the move will cause harm to young people.

“If it’s a day ending in y, President Trump is attacking kids’ safety, health and access to education as part of his culture war,” a spokesperson for Gavin Newsom, California’s governor, told NBC in a statement.

“Studies consistently show us that LGBTQ+ students, especially trans and non-binary youth, face higher rates of bullying, harassment and suicide,” said Jorge Reyes Salinas, communications director for the LGBTQ+ civil rights organization Equality California.

“Especially now, we’re seeing those numbers skyrocket. Inclusive education reduces stigma and saves lives.”

TAGGED:Administration for Children and Familiesfederal fundingPresident Trumpsex educationsexually transmitted infectionsTrump administration
Share This Article
Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article Yahoo news home US envoy cuts short south Lebanon visit amid protests: state media
Next Article Yahoo news home Got a minute? Here’s latest on Tropical Storm Fernand and any Florida threats for Labor Day
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Your Trusted Source for Accurate and Timely Updates!

Our commitment to accuracy, impartiality, and delivering breaking news as it happens has earned us the trust of a vast audience. Stay ahead with real-time updates on the latest events, trends.
FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
LinkedInFollow
MediumFollow
QuoraFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad image

You Might Also Like

Yahoo news home
Today's NewsWorld

Macron vows to punish antisemitic ‘hatred’ after memorial tree cut down

By Maryam EL HAMOUCHI and Anna SMOLCHENKO
Yahoo news home
Today's NewsWorld

Zelensky ready for ‘some compromise’ on whether a ceasefire happens before Putin talks as Russia plays down prospects

By Victoria Butenko, Svitlana Vlasova, Mitchell McCluskey, Lauren Kent, Anna Chernova, CNN
Yahoo news home
PoliticsToday's News

Trump takes aim at cashless bail in series of executive orders

By Nicole Markus
Yahoo news home
Today's NewsWorld

Iran to hold call with European nations over nuclear program as sanctions deadline draws closer

By JON GAMBRELL
Newsgrasp
Facebook Twitter Youtube Rss Medium

About US


Newsgrasp Live News: Your instant connection to breaking stories and live updates. Stay informed with our real-time coverage across politics, tech, entertainment, and more. Your reliable source for 24/7 news.

Top Categories
  • Home
  • Today’s News
  • World
  • US
  • Nigeria News
  • Politics
Usefull Links
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with US
  • Complaint
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Cookie Policy
  • Disclaimer

2025 ©️ Newsgrasp. All Right Reserved 

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?